“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.” – Quote by Maya Angelou
You’ve spent hours getting ready, you’re all set to go out with your significant other, and then they cancel on you last minute.
It feels like someone has punched you in the stomach. You feel a sense of rejection and sadness, as if you are not good enough for him. You feel embarrassed because you think he is going to cancel again next time, so why bother trying?
It’s a crappy feeling to be left alone when you were so excited just minutes before. It can be hard to know what to do when this happens every time.
The first step in a situation like this should be to ask yourself what is causing this behavior. Is it because he doesn’t want to spend time with you? Or is he just too busy with work?
One of our readers shared their experience with us:
“The night before, he was all over me. He was texting me and telling me how much he missed me. I had a really good feeling about the date we were going to have.
I woke up the next morning, and he didn’t text back. Then I looked at my phone and saw that he had cancelled our date last minute.
I’m not going to lie; I felt really disappointed and frustrated when I found out that we weren’t going on our date last night. It’s like my whole day was ruined because of him.”
How to Deal With a Boyfriend Who Cancels Plans Last Minute?
The truth is sometimes you don’t know what is going on in your boyfriend’s life outside of your relationship, so it’s important not to jump to conclusions or make assumptions about why they cancelled on you.
You need to try and understand the reason why he cancelled the date so that you can figure out how to react. Did something happen at work? Did something happen with one of their friends? Did something go wrong with their car?
Whatever the reason, it’s important not to take it personally. Try and understand where the other person is coming from and how best to support them in this moment.
If your boyfriend cancels plans at the last minute, here are a few things you can do:
- Take a moment to process your feelings and try to remain calm. It can be frustrating and disappointing when plans are cancelled, but getting angry or upset may not help the situation.
- Communicate with your boyfriend about how his behavior makes you feel. Let him know why it is important for you to have reliable plans and listen to his perspective.
- Consider coming up with a plan together for how to handle last-minute cancellations in the future. This might include setting aside time for last-minute changes or finding ways to communicate about changes earlier.
- If you are feeling lonely or upset, reach out to friends or family members for support. They may be able to provide a listening ear or help you better understand the situation.
- Take care of yourself. Do something that brings you joy, such as reading a book, watching a movie, or taking a walk. This can help you feel better and remind you that you are important and deserving of care and attention.
When He Cancels All The Time
– If you are still not convinced and think that he is cancelling your plans on purpose, then call him up and ask what happened.
– Keep your expectations low – There is no guarantee that he will come, so don’t get disappointed if he doesn’t show up.
– Don’t give him the benefit of the doubt – If he cancels last minute, don’t assume that there is a good reason. He might be trying to avoid you and not want to talk about it.
– Consider the overall health of the relationship. If your boyfriend frequently cancels plans and does not take your feelings into account, it may be a sign that the relationship is not meeting your needs. In this case, it may be helpful to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist to help you determine what steps to take.
– If he doesn’t answer or if you don’t get a good explanation, then maybe it’s time for you to cut your losses.
– End things on good terms – It’s important that you don’t burn bridges and make it difficult for both of you to get together in the future. If he really cares about you, then he should be willing to take out time for you.
It Is Important To Handle This Situation With Maturity And Patience
If your boyfriend consistently cancels plans at the last minute, it can be frustrating and disruptive to your life. The best way to handle this situation is to talk to your boyfriend about your concerns and ask him why he is cancelling plans.
Listen to his reasons and try to understand his perspective. If he is cancelling plans because of something beyond his control, such as work or family obligations, try to be understanding and find a solution that works for both of you.
If he is cancelling plans without a good reason, you may want to set boundaries and let him know that last-minute cancellations are not acceptable. It is also important to take care of yourself and not let your boyfriend’s behavior affect your self-esteem or happiness.
Listen to his perspective and try to understand where he is coming from. In a calm and non-confrontational manner, express how his behavior makes you feel and why it is important to you to have reliable plans.
Why Is It Unhealthy For Your Relationship?
The Way He Is Now Is The Type Of Person He’s Going To Be If You Marry Him
It is important to have a relationship with someone who values and respects you. If your boyfriend does not value you as you are now, it is unlikely that he will value you more after you are married.
Marriage is not a magic solution that will suddenly make someone change their behavior and start treating you better. If you are unhappy in your relationship and feel that your boyfriend does not value you, it may be best to communicate your concerns. Tell him what is acceptable and what you will not tolerate.
If the situation does not improve, you may want to consider ending the relationship.
He Is Not Giving You The Priority You Deserve
If your boyfriend always cancels plans with you but follows through with other people, it is a big red flag for your relationship. You should be worried about the fact that he is not prioritizing you, and this could eventually lead to an unhealthy relationship.
If he cancels plans with you on regularly and does not seem too sorry about it, then it’s time to start worrying.
Consider If Your Life Would Be Better Or Worse Without Him
If your boyfriend is not giving you the love and importance you deserve, then you must consider if your life would be better or worse without him. You might be in a toxic relationship that is making you unhappy.
It is important to remember that it does not matter how much he loves you; if he does not make you feel loved and happy, it’s time to move on.
It may seem like your boyfriend is the centre of your world, but in reality, his love for himself has become more important than his love for you. The more time he spends with himself, the less time he spends with you.
This will make you feel neglected and unimportant, which will eventually lead you to feeling unloved and unwanted by your partner.